Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bowlarama!

Hey gang! How is your day going? Mine is Thurstatsic!

Bowling
A few friends and I went to Elsie's last night for some "black light bowling." It was a blast! I hadn't bowled in a few years so I was a little slow getting my roll back. But once I did my pals and I had some pretty competitive matches. Apparently when you challenge someone to a bowling match you say, "Let's shoe it up." That seems strange. "Shoeing" implies horseshoes to me. But I guess saying, "Let's bowl it up", or "I challenge you to a bowl" don't sound much better. I like "Let's roll!" But again, that could be confused with many things if your frame of reference is not bowling.

Robocop
BT and I watched this flick on HDNet last night. We bounced between that and the Gophers basketball.(Great finish to that game, by the way!) I was afraid that seeing Robocop again after all these years would sully the great childhood memories I had of a kick ass, bloody, Sci-Fi Cop Drama! Well, it didn't. There were a few instances where the special effects left a little to be desired, and some of the acting was a little 80's shlcocky.(Watch any movie from the 80's and you'll know what I mean by that) But over all it was a solid action flick with a little bit of heart peppered in. Well played Murphy, well played.

P.S. Is Ronny Cox the bad guy in every movie between 1986 and 1992? Answer: Yes.

That's all for now!

Tune in for the next installment! Same Bob-time, same Bob-channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment