Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Watchmen and more snow?

Hey gang! How was your weekend? Mine was hilarity personified!


Watchmen

So I caught Watchmen this weekend. I thought it was okay. Director Zack Snyder stuck very close to the source material published by DC in 1986. It was almost as if he used the Hugo Award winning graphic novel as a storyboard for his film. But the Watchmen is more of a detective story/suspense thriller(Though, I contend it is a little difficult to put it into any specific categories). The reason I bring this up is that new audience members who have yet to tackle the book may have been a little misled by the previews for this film. The previews make it look like a non-stop action thrill ride. It clearly is not. So to the unknowing viewer this 2 hr and 45min(My buns were pretty soar from sitting in Lagoon's shitty seats for that long) monster may come off as boring. I thought the graphic novel was a little slow, so you can imagine that there were points in the film that, to me, dragged it's ass. This skewed view of the superhero realm didn't translate to the big screen very well. Alan Moore said the story is "unfilmable." I would have to agree. Snyder gave it a good try, but the film version of Watchmen doesn't compare to its source material.

Snow?
Fuck off! Last warning!

That's it for me!

Tune in for the next installment! Same Bob-time, same Bob-channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment